losing popup sort order

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

losing popup sort order

Postby tomkrahn » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 am

When I make change to the ordering of the popup list in the iPhone app, and then sync with the desktop version, the changes are undone. They only persist if I make the changes on the desktop version first. I have mentioned this previously, but never seems to get fixed. I was hoping this was going to be fixed in the new version.
tomkrahn

Re: losing popup sort order

Postby dhaupert » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:20 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I'm well aware of this and see this on my end. But it's unfortunately not something that can really be fixed. The popup lists get synced together so if there is a change the results are applie. These popup lists go through a sync routine popup item by item that can't really account for the order since there are two copies each with their own set of popup entries with potentially both sides changing. I have thought about ways to correct for this but nothing seems to be reliable short of changing the database structure.

Unfortunately this means that this 'bug' is here to stay. I recommend to users that have popups in a non alphabetical sort order and making frequent changes to use a DB Popup list instead. Sorry!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch