%age of list view setting

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

%age of list view setting

Postby hylee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I find the sliding bar very hard to set the correct width. I have to try multiple times to get the right number. Is there something I am doing wrong? Any suggestions welcome.
hylee

Re: %age of list view setting

Postby dhaupert » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:16 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and question. Next to the sliding bar is a percentage so you can see the number for the setting. If you are doing this in the live mode (ie, from the list view, tapping the field name and adjusting the width there), you can see it effect the actual data records as you slide and it makes it much easier to get it right, vs doing it from the Edit Field screen or within the Edit View screen. That would be my first suggestion.

The other thing is that on iOS, once you start to drag, you can move your finger down and away from the actual slider and then move right and left. This serves two purposes:
1. You can see the numbers and the slider without your finger blocking it!
2. It increases the precision of the slider- that is when you are below it, you have to move further to the right or left to have some movement, so it means you can move in smaller increments.

Give it a try!
dhaupert

Re: %age of list view setting

Postby hylee » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks for the tip on moving the finger down and away from the actual slider to increase precision. It makes it easier.
hylee

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch