List View Only Shows First Field

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

List View Only Shows First Field

Postby timtas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I have a database with multiple fields and one view. Some fields are set to Visible In Edit Record Screen and others are not. Some are set to % Of List VIew of zero and some have a positive value.

But on the list view only the first field ever shows. The % Of List View on this field is 20%. The next two are around 20% or 30%.

These subsequent fields used to show up. It seems they stopped showing up when I temporarily changed them to be NOT Visible In Edit Record Screen. If I change the order to move a different field to be the first one, that one shows up only. No matter what value I set for % Of List VIew on any field, only the first one appears. I have tried creating a second view, but the it behaves the same way.

(On a side note, I am confused about the difference between the two ways to edit fields. From the Database Properties screen you can select Fields or you can select Views, edit a view then edit fields. I am not clear how these interrelate. Some of the same settings appear on both edit field screens.)
timtas

Re: List View Only Shows First Field

Postby dhaupert » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Hi,

Is it possible you used the flick right/left gesture on the List view to scroll right or left? I'm wondering if perhaps you have just scrolled too far to the right in your database and just need to swipe from left of the screen to the right a few times. If not, perhaps you could send me the database and I can see if there is some other problem?

In regards to the confusion over the field settings. Each database has it's own settings for whether it's visible in the Edit Record screen, width in the list view, etc. These settings are stored within the schema of the database itself and could be considered the default values for that field's settings. A view can override those values with other values. When a view is first created, it defaults to whatever is currently set in those values. But once a view is selected, it's values are used instead of that of the Edit field screen.

I hope that makes sense!
dhaupert

Re: List View Only Shows First Field

Postby timtas » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:10 pm

The flicking worked. Thanks!
timtas

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch