Manage / Done gone from Home Screen?

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Manage / Done gone from Home Screen?

Postby fritzmom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:19 am

Hi All

This last week I got my new iTouch, running v 6.1.3 and so was able to finally update HanDBase to the current version.

To OPEN a database, it used to be just 'tap' on the database name and it opened ... now I have to 'tap' on the name, then 'tap' on 'open' in that line of options I used to see when I tapped on 'Manage / Done' at the top. Does it make sense how I worded this??

Anyhow, is this the way to now open a database, using 2 taps instead of just 1? I tried searching the forum and didn't find anything, but maybe I used the wrong search words :oops: .

Thanks
Barb
fritzmom

Re: Manage / Done gone from Home Screen?

Postby dhaupert » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 am

Hi Barb,

Thanks for your post. Indeed the manage button is no longer as it was too confusing to users. That said, if you are using the Modern style (ie, not the file cabinet look) it is a single press. You can press the ... to see the manage options for that database. I left the File Cabinet theme in there for those that liked it, even though it doesn't match the look and feel of the new redesign, but as the design left no spot for the ... I had to make it a two press action.

If you don't like the two press, I suggest trying the modern style for the Choose Database screen.
dhaupert

Re: Manage / Done gone from Home Screen?

Postby fritzmom » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:30 am

Thanks for the info Dave. I'll stay with the file cabinet look since I prefer that over the modern look and an extra tap is no big deal. Was just wondering if the UI had changed or something on my Touch wasn't right.
Barb
fritzmom

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch