Phone #'s

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Phone #'s

Postby dayjeff » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:12 pm

After reading about trying to get a numeric keypad to display (while entering phone numbers) I made the mistake of changing the field type to "integer" instead of "text". In doing so, I lost all my phone numbers. My question is this…if, when I sync, can I recover my original data (685 phone numbers I DONT want to re-enter)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dayjeff

Re: Phone #'s

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 am

dayjeff wrote:After reading about trying to get a numeric keypad to display (while entering phone numbers) I made the mistake of changing the field type to "integer" instead of "text". In doing so, I lost all my phone numbers. My question is this…if, when I sync, can I recover my original data (685 phone numbers I DONT want to re-enter)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

Thanks for writing. Sorry to read about the issue you encountered.

You can get your data back by installing the desktop copy of the database over the top of the version that is on your phone.

To do this, follow the steps below:

- On your computer, open HanDBase Desktop
- Using HanDBase Desktop, open the copy of the database in question
- While the database is open, select the HanDBase Desktop menu option of File / Install...
- When a user dialog appears, select the name of your partnership and then close the dialog
- Close the database
- Sync

Doing this will cause the copy of the file that is on the desktop to overwrite the copy that is on the iPhone.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch