Time Field Question

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Time Field Question

Postby emcbryde » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm

I am trying to keep a running log of my daily runs and noticed when I use the time field type I am only able to enter HH:MM when editing the record. The actual record shows a time of HH:MM:SS. Is there a way to record seconds as well as minutes and hours in the time field or should I be doing this another way? If anyone has an answer or a workaround I would love to hear it. Thank you in advance.
emcbryde

Re: Time Field Question

Postby dhaupert » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 pm

emcbryde wrote:I am trying to keep a running log of my daily runs and noticed when I use the time field type I am only able to enter HH:MM when editing the record. The actual record shows a time of HH:MM:SS. Is there a way to record seconds as well as minutes and hours in the time field or should I be doing this another way? If anyone has an answer or a workaround I would love to hear it. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. You're correct in that the time field editor does not allow input of seconds currently. The time field that HanDBase implements does store seconds however. The only way the seconds portion gets set is if you use the current time amount. This is something we could change for a future version. On some of our other platforms we have had full seconds editing and users generally didn't like having the extra step to set that to 0, so the solution will have to be such that seconds are only set/shown if wanted by that particular customer!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch