iPad sync

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iPad sync

Postby GregBrink » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:50 pm

I have had HandDBase on my iPad and a laptop for a couple of weeks. After a week or two, I started having issues syncing with my SQL database. I got around this by syncing with an Access table. While not a good solution, it was a temporary works around.

Yesterday I downloaded and installed Microsoft updates on my laptop. Like most Microsoft updates, I have no idea what they could have effected.

This morning I went to sync my iPad with my laptop and it syncs the first five or six databases that have had no changes made to them and it gets to the main file and crashes.

The error message reads:

Access violation at address 00949F0AE in module 'iphoneSync.exe'. Read of address 00AE0000.

I really have two questions:

1) Has anyone else experience this instability in the product? One day it works, the next it doesn't.

2) any clues on the above error message?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
GregBrink
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 am

Re: iPad sync

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi Greg,

I've bee trying to scour through everything I can find about this error since our original conversation. It seems that several people who don't use HanDBase in conjunction with the software encounter this problem.

This is pointing to the server software having an issue, especially since the sync will work on occasion but then fail at the next attempt.

I will continue to look into the problem on our end and see if we do happen to find a definitive solution.



Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am


Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron