Feature Suggestion: Set Minutes Increment For Time Field

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Feature Suggestion: Set Minutes Increment For Time Field

Postby timtas » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Not sure if this is place to request a feature, but here goes. It would be awesome if you could specify minutes increment for a time field. I envision being able to set it to any number that is factor of 60 (1, 2, 3 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60). When editing the field the selector would show just the multiples of the specified increment.

Here's how I would use it. I have created a DB to record my billable time. I record time in 30 or sometimes 15 minute increments. It's a big hassle to have to spin the wheel from the default of 00 to 30. It takes a lot of fiddling and I always accidentally change the AM/PM while I am doing it.
timtas

Re: Feature Suggestion: Set Minutes Increment For Time Field

Postby dhaupert » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:55 pm

timtas wrote:Not sure if this is place to request a feature, but here goes. It would be awesome if you could specify minutes increment for a time field. I envision being able to set it to any number that is factor of 60 (1, 2, 3 4, 5, 6, 10, 15, 20, 30, 60). When editing the field the selector would show just the multiples of the specified increment.

Here's how I would use it. I have created a DB to record my billable time. I record time in 30 or sometimes 15 minute increments. It's a big hassle to have to spin the wheel from the default of 00 to 30. It takes a lot of fiddling and I always accidentally change the AM/PM while I am doing it.

Most definitely is the right place for this sort of thing! I think yours is a great idea, though I haven't heard from others at this point asking for it- it makes sense from a usability standpoint. Interestingly enough, another customer just today asked on this forum for a feature to let him pick with even more fine control- that is, choose the seconds as well as hours and minutes. This one takes it in the other direction, and I can see a need for both for some users. I will definitely track the response to this thread and see if others are asking for this type of configurability for a time control.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the post!
dhaupert

Postby Btodd » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:41 am

I could actually use both. My immediate need for the iPhone app is to track my kids swim times. The need here would be minutes, seconds and down to hundredths of a second. I could also see the value as the previous poster in blocks of time. I too track time as a consultant.

Thanks. Ben
Btodd

Postby dhaupert » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Thanks Ben, for your vote!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch