Intermittent crashing on iPhone 4s

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: Intermittent crashing on iPhone 4s

Postby ArGiEs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Dave,

My bugs are still of the field-scrolls-away-when-editing type I had corresponded with you on before, if you recall. The last iOS7 update before v. 7.0.6 fixed a fair amount of it, but there is still some quirkiness. I am of the opinion that iOS7 still needs some more tweaking & will wait to bug you about bugs until after the eagerly awaited 7.1 is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby glenwf » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Make sure you completely turn off, not just put to sleep or any other method. For me on my iPod Touch 5 I had some unstable HanDBase apps a while ago and all problems went away after holding the off button several seconds, then slide the slider to "Power Off" unit. That solved the problems I was having - memroy fragmentation???
glenwf

Postby eheffa » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Just reporting that despite the passage of time, new OS (iOS 8.x), iPhone 6, I still have the app crashing intermittently & losing the data I have entered for that record.

Even the most simple database with no links to other databases can crash the app.

It seems to only happen once or twice a day but very frustrating in a high volume work environment.

Any suggestions?

-evan
eheffa

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:44 am

Hi Evan,

Thanks for following up on this topic.

Have you been able to isolate any patterns related to the crashes? For example:

- Do they happen after using a particular program, such as the camera or a game?
- Was the database left open in the background prior to this crash occurring?
- Does the issue occur less frequently after closing down all apps or rebooting versus not doing this?
- Using a particular field type?
- Using a particular third party keyboard?

Thanks for anything that you can notice as that would be helpful information.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch