How Do I Integrate New iPhone into Existing HanDBase Environ

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: How Do I Integrate New iPhone into Existing HanDBase Env

Postby MidCoast Jim » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:39 am

dhaupert wrote:That's the same type of message that you'd get in any document editor app- eg Pages, Word, TextEdit, NotePad, etc saying that the file is changed and prompting whether to save it. So the answer should always be yes if you want to save and not abandon your changes!

It always saves to the same location you opened it. You'd have to manually save as to put it somewhere else....<snip>....

Okay! In another thread http://www.ddhsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13592 having to do with this same "area of inquiry" I found you referencing the HDB question that was bothering me.
dhaupert wrote:...<snip>....

5. In the User Type, select Desktop Only. This will prevent the program from prompting you each time you save to install this database to a device. ...<snip>....

AND, I think you may have also answered my question. I was remembering that you had told me that I did not want to "install" a changed pdf because from that point on when I opened that database I would be opening the "old" Android User version (for example) rather than the new SHARED pdf.
MidCoast Jim

Re: How Do I Integrate New iPhone into Existing HanDBase Env

Postby dhaupert » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:05 am

Hey,

I see what you were referring to now- thanks for the clarification. Yes, if you have a custom user setup, you can set a folder on your desktop to act like a separate user (great for shared dbs). The reason you wouldn't want to accidentally answer yes in the install prompt in that case is that whatever device you select to install will get overwritten at the start of it's next sync with that current file, regardless of whether there were changes on the device that were about to be synced. So it's a good idea in this case to set desktop only and avoid the prompt in the first place!
dhaupert

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch