HanDBase v4.9.04 has been submitted to the App Store

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

HanDBase v4.9.04 has been submitted to the App Store

Postby dhaupert » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:38 am

Hi,

I just submitted a new version to the App Store team for review. Here's what has changed in this version:

New Features:
* CSV files can now be imported when opened from other apps
* Tab key now advances to next field in Edit Record screen.
* Preference to auto select first text field in Edit Record screen for editing.

Improvements:
* Smaller left heading in list view
* Smaller checkbox size, faster check animation
* Background save improvements to avoid possibility of conflict with foreground
* Decrypting an encrypted database now firsts checks that all records can decrypt with the password and prompts if not.

Will let you know when it's live in the store!
dhaupert

Re: HanDBase v4.9.04 has been submitted to the App Store

Postby ArGiEs » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:20 pm

The tab key advancing feature will be great for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby Alanwestwood » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Great - have just purchased the iPhone version so that I can try the csv import when its released. Looking forward to taking a look in the hope it'll soon be available on the iPad version too :-)

Regards, Alan.

Edit - actually I've been experimenting, and I think your iPhone version with csv import will solve my main problem straight away! I have a sports tracking app that generates data almost daily, and I want to import a csv of its summary data to my iPad HanDBase file. I've copied it to my iPhone HanDBase and deleted all the records. So, it should be able to receive a single record by csv import from my sports tracking log - then all I have to do is AirDrop the iPhone HanDBase file to my iPad and merge the record. Simple, can't wait to try it! Hopefully no more horrible webserver transfers via a browser, everything within iOS :-)
Alanwestwood

Postby Alanwestwood » Sat May 03, 2014 1:22 am

This version is now in the UK App Store ... I've updated and the csv import works a treat :-)

Many thanks guys, for me thats a huge advance because most of my data is generated by other apps and I can now so easily append my database files with new records. And for the moment using the iPhone app will do fine, until your iPad version gets the same enhancement.

For other users, remember that you can set up a list view with the fields in the correct order for the incoming data, as a kind of mapping technique. I have a List View called 'import' for all my HanDBase files, and I just select that view before doing an import. It works really well.

Thanks again - really good enhancement! Five star review posted - hope Apple publish it a bit quicker than the time it took them to release this update ;-)

Cheers, Alan.
Alanwestwood

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun May 04, 2014 9:41 am

Hi Alan,

Thanks for confirming that the CSV importing is working for you! We appreciate learning about how it is helping your work and also, of course, the five star review!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby tsetzer » Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Before the update I had five people uploading their database to Dropbox. When someone uploaded an update the rest of us could download and merge their info with ours. For whatever reason, this is not working now. Any suggestions?
tsetzer

Postby dhaupert » Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 pm

tsetzer wrote:Before the update I had five people uploading their database to Dropbox. When someone uploaded an update the rest of us could download and merge their info with ours. For whatever reason, this is not working now. Any suggestions?

What happens when you try to do the same thing? Are you not seeing HanDBase as an option to open in from DropBox, or does it crash when you try to do it? Let me know the details so we can try to figure this out!
dhaupert

Postby tsetzer » Mon May 05, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes, it is visible in Dropbox When to chose to open in HanDbase it shows the app and then closes without doing anything

tsetzer

Postby tsetzer » Mon May 05, 2014 2:42 pm

I deleted and reinstalled HanDBase. I then downloaded the main database files and that worked fine. But after that it crashes when I try another update.

tsetzer

Postby dhaupert » Mon May 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Sorry to hear this- perhaps you can get me the crash logs for the crashing that is occurring? If you need info on how to get them:

Files are located here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>

The AppData folder is hidden by default, so keep in mind you will need to enable the option in Explorer to show hidden directories.

Find all of the crash logs for HanDBase and send them to me at my email address below..
dhaupert

Next

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch