one of my databases crashes the program

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

one of my databases crashes the program

Postby jkuruppu » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:42 am

i recently migrated my palm-based HanDBase files over to my iPhone - and finally have no more reason to keep my palm!! everything was working smoothly until the past couple of days, and now i'm in a bit of a jam. hoping someone may have a suggestion.

my db structure:

db #1 - has 26 record, 12 fields - 2 of those fields are linked to the other two dbs
db #2 - has 226 records, linked to db#1 with the linking field from db#1 and also with a relationship field that is calculated to tell me when the next order is due (so it adds day's supplied to the last order date, and shows "next due")
db #3 - has 34 records, linked to db#1

problem:
db #2 and db #3 open just fine, but db#1 (the critical one for finding any information!!) crashes the app when i try to open it. it sync's fine with my desktop, and it was working for several weeks after i transferred the files from my palm to the iphone.

any thoughts on how i can recover this file??
jkuruppu

Re: one of my databases crashes the program

Postby dhaupert » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problem you're seeing. Can you try a few things for me?

1. You mentioned it syncs fine with the desktop. Let's try this rather than sync it- use Desktop Connect and download the PDB file. Does that PDB file still open OK on the desktop?
2. If not, then it's likely corrupt. If it does open however, it's possibly a bug in the program. If that's the case, is there some way you can send me that database so I can debug on this end?

Let me know how things fare!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch