How to merge two fields?

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

How to merge two fields?

Postby handbaser » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Hello!

I am using handbase for some days now and I really like it. But unfortunately in the "view record"-page there will be only one sorting possible: One field under the other... I would like to have two fields beneath in one row, like "first name" and "name".
Therefore I am looking for a way, to add two (or more) fields into another and then to display this "addition" in the "view record"-page.

Is there any command, that will add two fields into one?

Thank you for help!
handbaser

Re: How to merge two fields?

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your posting. It sounds like you are looking for the ability to custom design the View or Edit Record form. That is a feature we're working on for the future, but it's not available yet. You can search this forum for talk about the custom forms designer we offer on some other platforms and our plans for implementing this on the iPhone. I hope it will be available end-of-year or early next, but that's dependent on a lot of things, one of which is Apple approving our updates (we have one in their queue for about a month now!), but that is the plan at this moment!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch