Iphone photo ratio and Form Picture Box

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Iphone photo ratio and Form Picture Box

Postby Treanot » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:55 pm

I'm having a problem keeping the aspect ratio of a photo taken with an iphone 5 and viewed in my form, even with scale image to fit set on. From what I have gathered, the iphone 5 takes a photo in 4:3 aspect ratio (but I can be wrong) It seems with the new IOS the iphone views it in a 3:2 aspect ratio and this bothers some people, because the photos are actual 4:3 and I guess it doesn't scale. Regardless of of 4:3 or 3:2 it still the same ratio with a scale to fit option on, which is 100 width and 75 height, unless I am missing something. This still seems to still distort the image, and so does 100 height and 100 width.
Anyone else experience this and solved this issue. I will try 75 height by 100 width next but I am doubtful that it will be correct.
Treanot

Re: Iphone photo ratio and Form Picture Box

Postby curtterp » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Try 100 x 66...... that is 3:2 aspect ratio
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Re: Iphone photo ratio and Form Picture Box

Postby golfinguy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:23 pm

I'm having issues with photos on the iPhone app. Some images fit the screen, some do not, and about half the time it closes the app when viewing a photo. Something I can change to improve this without having to resize all my photos?
golfinguy

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch