Sluggish scrolling

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Sluggish scrolling

Postby coolings » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi, I have used Handbase on the palm and windows mobile platforms. I am now on an iPhone. I like the layout. It reminds of of the palm days before forms. I miss the forms, but do not miss creating them...lol. Anyway, when I open a record and scroll, the scroll is very sluggish. If I move my finger up or down quickly, the record responds properly and moves very quickly. If I move my finger slow (as I am scanning the fields) the record does not respond properly. The records seem to jump one or two rows at a time. The scrolling is not smooth. This is unlike any other app that I have. I am on os 3.1 on a 32gb 3gs. Thanks, Mike Watkins
coolings

Re: Sluggish scrolling

Postby dhaupert » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your email. This is something that has bothered me about it as well since it's launch, but no one has ever noticed before you. Or if they did, they have not voiced it! I have a hunch it's related to the swipe tracking I do to tell if you are swiping right and left to switch between records in the View/Edit Record screen, or scrolling between fields in the list view. I plan on checking into this for the next version and seeing what can be done!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch