Newest Update of HandBase does not work IOS8, iPhone 5

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Newest Update of HandBase does not work IOS8, iPhone 5

Postby arto.leskinen@tek.fi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:56 am

I just updated HandBase to newest version from apple store and now HandBase crashes and never opens. I have iPhone5 and newest IOS8.

I downgraded to previous version which works, but now I can't get my own database to my iPhone again. I took file from backup and installed it with HandBase 4 after which it seemed to appear in folder called 'install'. But it does not appear in iPhone. How I can get it there? It is very important for me.
arto.leskinen@tek.fi

Re: Newest Update of HandBase does not work IOS8, iPhone 5

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am

Hi,

Yes, I'm very sorry - the new update is not working with iOS8. I am submitting a fix version later today which works on iOS8 and prior.

To get the file from install folder to your phone, you have to initiate a sync. During the sync, the files in that install folder get loaded to your device!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby jcdoc » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:59 pm

I have iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.2 and after update am no longer able to access the product. Shows in app store app that it has updated but the app won't open. Shows "waiting" on the Handbase app icon.
Help please as have some important files in the product which I have nicely used for years.
jcdoc

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:07 am

Hi,

Sounds like the download hasn't fully finished. Make sure you have a strong network connection. If that makes no difference, reboot the phone and attempt to download the update again.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby jcdoc » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:05 am

I tried the phone reboot and had strong connection but still Handbase icon greyed out. Could not redownload the app. However, I updated Handbase app in iTunes and then synced my phone and now all is good.
jcdoc

Postby uboche » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:54 am

Is the new version also for iPads? I haven't seen it yet, I'm on the iTunes store for the Netherlands.
Regards,
Ulrich Boche
uboche

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:17 am

uboche wrote:Is the new version also for iPads? I haven't seen it yet, I'm on the iTunes store for the Netherlands.

Hi,

Not quite yet- been working on it, but still have an issue with split screen multitasking (which I'm hoping to support in this update). Will post as soon as I have it resolved!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby arto.leskinen@tek.fi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:55 am

Syncing does not move the database to iPhone. And Desktop version does not show content of fields, that are crypted with field based password.
arto.leskinen@tek.fi

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:08 pm

arto.leskinen@tek.fi wrote:Syncing does not move the database to iPhone. And Desktop version does not show content of fields, that are crypted with field based password.

Hi there,

I just tested this scenario on my end and it was working fine. Perhaps you can provide some more info? Are you using the Mac or Windows desktop build? The Mac version doesn't support encryption at this time.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch