Desktop Connect problem, bug?

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Desktop Connect problem, bug?

Postby glenwf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Please test this to see if I'm the only one with this problem on both an original iPad Mini (late 2012), or iPad Air (Late 2014).

Using Desktop connect FROM iPhone HanDBase (on a iPod Touch 5) (as a server) TO iPad or iPad Mini as the receiver using Safari. My iPod = 5th Gen. 32 GB mem. HanDBase = 4.9.073

I can see and select a file or form and transfer it which takes me to HanDBase program on the receiver and the black screen comes up and notifies me that the file has been received.

If I exit HanDBase and go back to Saffari, I can repeat this with another file, but the black screen does not come up and the file is not transferred.

The only way to get another file transferred via the Desktop Connect is to completely reboot the receiver (iPad Mini or iPad Air). Then I can go back to the receiver Safari and download another file, but to download any more, I have to completely reboot the receiver, etc., etc..

I think I'm looking at a bug in HanDBase. Otherwise, there is something really stupid going on.

Thanks.
glenwf

Re: Desktop Connect problem, bug?

Postby curtterp » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:57 am

I can verify that I can only transfer one file, but I didn't have to reboot the receiver. All I had to do was to kill HanDBase (double-click the home button, swipe up HanDBase). Then I could transfer another file.

I am using an iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Pro 9.7 - Both running iOS 10.2.1
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch