iOS 11 and HanDBase - any issues??

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iOS 11 and HanDBase - any issues??

Postby Dlevymd1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 am

Hello,

I hope all is well with everyone. My medical group has been going strong using HanDBase for mobile rounding and patient billing for a long time. In fact, this year is our 10th anniversary using HanDBase!!! I wanted to know if anyone has tested HanDBase on iOS 11 Beta and if we should prepare for any issues prior to upgrading our iPhones. HanDBase remains a "mission critical" aspect of our day to day activities. Thank you for 10 years of awesome support!!!

Warm regards,

Dan Levy MD
Dlevymd1

Re: iOS 11 and HanDBase - any issues??

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:01 am

Hi Dan,

Great to hear from you- happy HanDBase anniversary! ;)

I have been using HanDBase on iOS 11 beta for a while and haven't seen any problems. Another one of our testers has also been using it and not reported any issues either. So think we're good, though when it hits the masses that is when we'll really know for sure. I'm ready and able to make any fixes and get new builds submitted asap if anything comes up. I know you're mission critical there for your use, so maybe wait a few days after release to make sure nothing critical comes up.

I'm also hard at work on a new update- one of the things I changed is how the edit record screen handles text. Specifically improving the ability to select/copy/paste text, and adding support for data detectors (ie, making phone numbers, web site listed, etc within text fields clickable). I know that's been an issue for you in the past, especially with OS updates. I hope the changes I make will improve things, but am also a bit leery of breaking anything with such a low level change, so if you would like to perhaps get a beta of this before I release to make sure it's not causing you any problems, please email me and we'll set something up!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby javan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 am

Be Carreful.....Handbase si not working after IOS11 updated on my IPod Touch french version
javan

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:00 pm

javan wrote:Be Carreful.....Handbase si not working after IOS11 updated on my IPod Touch french version

Hi Javan,

Thanks for writing. I posted about this in a few other topics on the forums, but we have been unable to distribute any updates to HanDBase since France changed their restrictions surrounding encryption. The only solution is to redownload the app from the US (or other country) where the restriction does not exist.

Very sorry about this!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby javan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:03 am

thanks for your poor response
and bye (after so long years I use Handbase...)
because now I use NINOX for ipod and OS X and use it like Handbase (I convert all my programs) ....
Please say that for French users...
javan

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:43 pm

javan wrote:thanks for your poor response
and bye (after so long years I use Handbase...)
because now I use NINOX for ipod and OS X and use it like Handbase (I convert all my programs) ....
Please say that for French users...

Hi Javan,

I'm sorry to hear that- I wish we were permitted to submit HanDBase to the French app store but with our encryption it's just no longer permitted there. For you and other users that are effected, it's possible to redownload this from the US or other app stores. I can even send you a promo code so you can do this at no cost to you, but will need you to email support with proof of your original purchase.

Best of luck to you with whatever you choose to do!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby garryjoshi » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:03 am

HanDBase was working smooth when my iPhone 7 was running iOS 10. Today I updated to latest iOS 11.2.2. and whenever I am trying to open the app it only loads a white blank screen on the startup and just closes itself automatically after few seconds. Can you please fix it? Thanks in advance.
garryjoshi

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:58 am

garryjoshi wrote:HanDBase was working smooth when my iPhone 7 was running iOS 10. Today I updated to latest iOS 11.2.2. and whenever I am trying to open the app it only loads a white blank screen on the startup and just closes itself automatically after few seconds. Can you please fix it? Thanks in advance.

Hi Garry,

Thanks for writing. I'm not sure why it's not working for you on iOS 11.2.2- lots of people running HanDBase on this phone and OS combination without a problem. Can you try the following:

1. Go to iTunes on your desktop and see if HanDBase is showing up in the file sharing section.
2. If so, save all of your databases to your desktop for safe keeping.
3. Now try deleting HanDBase on your phone and installing it again from the app store.
4. Launch and see if you get the same result.

Please let me know the outcome!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby spikebyt » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 am

I just posted a topic in the main menu that needs to be authorised first
I lost all my databases on my iphone 7 after updating a few days ago
iCloud shows only databases with a 2013 timestamp
Need help to get my data back

If authorised I will add more data here

Spikebyt
spikebyt

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 pm

spikebyt wrote:I just posted a topic in the main menu that needs to be authorised first
I lost all my databases on my iphone 7 after updating a few days ago
iCloud shows only databases with a 2013 timestamp
Need help to get my data back

If authorised I will add more data here

Spikebyt

Hi,

Just wrote a response to your other post- this is very unfortunate, but is only a result of you having deleted your app. It would have happened with any version of HanDBase based on how iOS works. Please see my response for help on how you may be able to restore your data.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Next

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch