HanDBase v4.9.074 has been submitted to the app store!

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: HanDBase v4.9.074 has been submitted to the app store!

Postby jfh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 pm

tomkrahn wrote:Mine is broken too. Iphone 7 running ios 10.3.3
Same problem as chungfoulds above. Crashes when I pick a database.
Please address ASAP.

Thank you
Tom

I have the same error with iPhone 6s and iOS 10.3.3

HanDBase .74 works on iPad on 10.3 but header line is missing.
jfh

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to all the 10.x users who are having issues with the latest update. I was at work all day and only able to respond to you all now, but my heart was breaking not being able to respond to the email notifications for the posts on here.

I'm home now and looking into the issue as we speak. Hopefully it's a simple fix and I'll keep you posted. If you are still using the old 10.x OS then there is a chance you're still using an older out of date version of iTunes that supports app backups. If so, you may be able to restore the old version that was synced/backed up to your computer. It's not a file that can be shared as it's signed to your device, but at least on older versions you used to be able to do this- now in the newest versions of iTunes this feature is no longer. Other than that, there is no other fix for you aside from waiting for the fix, or upgrading to iOS11.

So sorry again - if any of the iOS 10.x users would like to get early access to the fix and don't mind trying a beta, please email me or contact support@ddhsoftware.com - we can get you on the beta team and you'd have access to a fix much sooner. Plus, I don't think any of our beta testers use anything but the latest and greatest OS.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby conwarjwalters » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Dave, on a super positive note the thumb access is working great, as is the clear field!!!

Thanks for adding these features.
conwarjwalters

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi,

I have fixed these two issues:

iPhone iOS 10.x crashing
iPad iOS 10.x header and top rows cut off by search bar.

I am uploading new builds right now but of course with the app store process it will take a few days to be live. As I mentioned, if you'd like a beta in the interim, please email me dhaupert@ ...

Thanks for your patience and apologies again for the inconvenience!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 pm

conwarjwalters wrote:Dave, on a super positive note the thumb access is working great, as is the clear field!!!

Thanks for adding these features.

Thanks to you!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:12 pm

For whatever reason, Apple chose to accept the submission of the iPhone update I submitted last night already- even before they approved the beta build for our beta testers to try! So this means there is a new build of the iPhone available to you before the beta team has even seen it, let alone tested it. Here's hoping there aren't any further issues with this build but if the prior build is working for you and you are doing mission critical work, I'd suggest waiting at least a few hours to update (may have to turn off auto updates) to see if there are any showstoppers introduced. I think I only fixed a small bug so it should be fine but let's play it safe!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby ArGiEs » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 pm

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:For whatever reason, Apple chose to accept the submission of the iPhone update I submitted last night already- even before they approved the beta build for our beta testers to try! So this means there is a new build of the iPhone available to you before the beta team has even seen it, let alone tested it. Here's hoping there aren't any further issues with this build but if the prior build is working for you and you are doing mission critical work, I'd suggest waiting at least a few hours to update (may have to turn off auto updates) to see if there are any showstoppers introduced. I think I only fixed a small bug so it should be fine but let's play it safe!

Thanks for the heads up. Your initial release is working great for me, might as well keep it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards,
Bob
ArGiEs

Postby tomkrahn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:06 pm

I installed the latest version 4.9.075.
My previously installed forms don't show up.

Tom
tomkrahn

Postby chungfoulds » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:49 am

The 075 version has sorted out the problem, I'm in the UK and I haven't had a notification about the new OS yet!.
Thanks for the fix
chungfoulds

9.0.075 not available to me?

Postby glenwf » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm

I see 9.075 in the app store, but with only the "Open" button.
My "App Store" app doesn't get it for me to select to upgrade.
This is the first time this has happened, so I'm stumped because I've upgraded versions ok since Palm 3.

iPod Touch 5, iOS = 9.3.5
HanDBase ver = 4.9.073 2016.9.17.1
This determined by selecting the Info button at the bottom of HanDBase Databases list.

How do I get the upgrade other than deleting HanDBase and re-installing it?
glenwf

PreviousNext

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch