Sync stops HandBase on IPhone

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Sync stops HandBase on IPhone

Postby mac » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Syncing has worked with no problems for years. Suddenly on my iPhone it just stops the sync on the iPhone & Desktop as soon as the sync starts. I had been working on trying to troubleshoot but have run out of ideas.

I have: removed the app from my phone and reinstalled; also did the delete user on the Sync program on desktop and tried a new iPhone user which adds it back to the users screen but will not sync. I have rebooted the computer and phone numerous times and still no success.

I can sync to my iPad with problems. So I seemed to remember an app update not to long ago so looked at the versions:
IPAD - 4.9.078 2018.9.15.1 IPHONE - 4.9.079 2018.9.23.1 Now I look at the iPhone App page it says my version was published 6 months ago so the is probably not the problem. but still think I should provide.

Anyone have an idea? Really missing my HandBase on my phone after only a few days since I have been using this app since 2002.
mac

Re: Sync stops HandBase on IPhone

Postby curtterp » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:17 am

mac wrote:Syncing has worked with no problems for years. Suddenly on my iPhone it just stops the sync on the iPhone & Desktop as soon as the sync starts. I had been working on trying to troubleshoot but have run out of ideas.

I have: removed the app from my phone and reinstalled; also did the delete user on the Sync program on desktop and tried a new iPhone user which adds it back to the users screen but will not sync. I have rebooted the computer and phone numerous times and still no success.

I can sync to my iPad with problems. So I seemed to remember an app update not to long ago so looked at the versions:
IPAD - 4.9.078 2018.9.15.1 IPHONE - 4.9.079 2018.9.23.1 Now I look at the iPhone App page it says my version was published 6 months ago so the is probably not the problem. but still think I should provide.

Anyone have an idea? Really missing my HandBase on my phone after only a few days since I have been using this app since 2002.

Sorry to hear about your syncing problems. I just checked my versions and setup, and I can sync. I had to add a user for my iPhone because of a name change, but it worked.

So, let's look at your setup.

What HanDBase desktop are you running? Windows, Mac and what version of the operating system? What is the version of the HanDBase Desktop?

When the sync stops, are you getting any messages? If so, what is the message?

When you go to sync, are you making sure that you have the correct IP address in the desktop address?

Troubleshooting

Set your iPhone to sync, open up a browser, and type in the exact address showing on the iPhone. Make sure that you have the 'http://' at the start, and the ':8080' at the end. When you press Enter, you should see a list of databases that is currently on your iPhone.

If you are not seeing the databases in the browser, or you get an error that says something like cannot find the address. you might have to restart your router. Pull the power out of the router, wait for about 20-30 seconds, then plug your router power back in. Depending on the router that you have, it will take a couple of minutes for it to come up to speed, find everything connected to it, and come ready. Try the browser test again. If the browser now sees your iPhone databases, then try to sync again. You should be successful.

If nothing is still working, report back any error messages, and your desktop configuration.

Have a good day and good luck.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Re: Sync stops HandBase on IPhone

Postby conwarjwalters » Sun May 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Interestingly I’m seeing a similar problem when syncing between my iPhone and iPad. Using windows desktop (10) and it seems to be the same DB (which is not my largest nor complex). It I open the file in my desktop and sync again it works fine. I am getting a read access error.

I have removed the app from all devices and reinstalled, but it still occurs randomly but frequently.

Nothing has changed and the database appears to be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
conwarjwalters

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch