How do transfer from PDA to Itouch

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

How do transfer from PDA to Itouch

Postby wd6l » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:31 am

I just purchased an ITouch, and a version of HanDBase for it. I have several databases on my old PDA and the computer version of the program on my old laptop with XP and version 3.51 Build 1. How do move the files to my ITouch?

Bob Hinshaw
wd6l

Re: How do transfer from PDA to Itouch

Postby dhaupert » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:49 am

wd6l wrote:I just purchased an ITouch, and a version of HanDBase for it. I have several databases on my old PDA and the computer version of the program on my old laptop with XP and version 3.51 Build 1. How do move the files to my ITouch?

Bob Hinshaw

Hi Bob,

Thanks for purchasing HanDBase. You have several options for getting databases to it.

1. Free option, using Desktop Connect feature built into the HanDBase iPhone application. See the section for desktop connect in the User Guide:
http://www.ddhsoftware.com/docs/HanDBas ... rGuide.pdf

Basically you locate the PDB files from your other platform on your desktop and then install them using the web browser of your PC one at a time.

2. HanDBase Plus, Professional, or Enterprise add-ons for iPhone. These are optional purchases that give you a HanDBase Desktop and conduit to sync between your computer. To install your old databases via the HanDBase Desktop, you can then simply select File|Open, choose the old user, select the old database, then choose File|Install to Smartphone/Handheld and select the new iPhone user from there.

As a registered user of an older product you qualify for a discount on the HanDBase Plus, Professional or Enterprise upgrades. Visit the registered users' page for details (under the HanDBase Upgrade Wizard section): http://www.ddhsoftware.com/download

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch