IPHONE CRASHES DURING DESKTOP CONNECT + Export Issue W Pics

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

IPHONE CRASHES DURING DESKTOP CONNECT + Export Issue W Pics

Postby Nick_kciN » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:50 pm

My field of work requires that I use HanDbase any time I work. Following, a session of work I use the Desktop Connect to transfer the PDB, a CSV, and the Image Archive File to my laptop. The Images are ESSENTIAL to what I do and this issue revolves around this. I am able to use the desktop connect to transfer the PDB and CSV but while waiting for the Image Archive File to start downloading it crashes the app then the laptop will lose connection as it is no longer open on the phone (Iphone X). A self identified safe zone is about 350-375 pictures and currently I have 358 photos that I cannot transfer. In otherwords, I have HOURS, and MILES Walked to take these pictures and cannot extract them to my laptop. This issue also occured to someone I know, but is the first time I have occured this issue. There have been times I have had 380-400 pictures and have been able to download. Also, I believe Image file size may be an issue as it ranges around 1.5gb when this high. Lastly, yesterday, Had about 320 pictures and no issues.

Is there any possibility I can have these photos extracted?
How come there is no backup option given that the image file seems to be basically a hidden directory? I really believe there needs to be a secondary way to have photos extracted from hanDbase to any desktop.

I appreciate any help as this is urgent.
Nick_kciN

Re: IPHONE CRASHES DURING DESKTOP CONNECT + Export Issue W P

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi there,

Very sorry about this- indeed, the zip file process requires some amount of free RAM and that's the upper limit of how much you can zip on the device. That said, you can always back up the entire image folder via iTunes itself. Here's how:

Plug your device into your computer and run iTunes. Click the iPhone icon to see/manage your phone
Go to File Sharing along the left side of choices.
Find HanDBase in the list of apps supporting File Sharing.
Now find the folder called Images and select it.
Choose the Save button and specify a path to save it, you'll get the entire image library saved to that folder.

The HanDBase conduit also provides a backup function for images, but that is not free as you are probably aware. Hope the above works out for you!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch