Bugs?

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Bugs?

Postby rprasad » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:09 am

When editing a record, my edits aren't always saved. For example:
1. I change date
2. Edit time.
3. Use a popup field to edit a third (text) field
When I return to the record view, my edits 1 and 2 have reverted to their original state.
But if I make those edits again (without closing the record view), they "stick".

Also, I continue to sometimes be unceremoniously kicked out of the program, back to the iPhone program launcher. Edits in the current record (or, if I'd just opened the record and not closed/saved it yet, the entire record) are lost.

Is anyone else seeing this?
rprasad
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Bugs?

Postby nefserrano@gmail.com » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:56 am

I also find that when making multiple edits at once, sometimes the earlier edits get lost. I haven't found a rhyme or reason but I know it happens when often going back and forth between edit screens without backing all the way out to the database list view. Fortunately one you back out entirely all edits are saved. So, I've made a habit of making a few edits, backing out and then re-entering the edit mode. A workaround for sure, but it works.
nefserrano@gmail.com
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Bugs?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Hello,

Thanks for posting. I've tried to duplicate your behavior by creating a database on my iPod Touch and have been unable to find the issue. I created a sample that had a date field, a time field and a popup field. I then spent some time adding records in various fashions, mostly adding a new record, adjusting the date and time fields, selecting a popup, creating a new record and then continuing to repeat the behavior.

At each time I returned to record list view, all of the records were present.

I'd like to investigate this further if you can provide the following information:

- Which version of HanDBase is installed on your iPhone?
- Do you find that this occurs with all databases or only one?
- What setting do you have your time and date fields configured for, ie, Ask Users... ,etc?
- Have you verified that you are touching the "Save" button in the upper right corner after editing each field?

In regards to your second issue with sometimes being kicked out of a database and taken to the iPhone launcher, please try to narrow down a specific sequence of events that cause this. Please try to take special note of the following:

- If this happens when editing a specific database?
- If this happens when editing a specific type of field?
- If this happens when performing a specific set of events, such as configuring a view or filter?

Please try to narrow down what occurs prior to this occurring, as we'd very much like to investigate and resolve the issue!

Thanks in advance!


rprasad wrote:When editing a record, my edits aren't always saved. For example:
1. I change date
2. Edit time.
3. Use a popup field to edit a third (text) field
When I return to the record view, my edits 1 and 2 have reverted to their original state.
But if I make those edits again (without closing the record view), they "stick".

Also, I continue to sometimes be unceremoniously kicked out of the program, back to the iPhone program launcher. Edits in the current record (or, if I'd just opened the record and not closed/saved it yet, the entire record) are lost.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am

Re: Bugs?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Hello,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue as well. As noted in my previous post, if you could help to isolate that issue that would be terrific! Please provide more information regarding the following:

- What version of HanDBase are you using?
- Does this happen with all databases or only one?
- Are you able to isolate a sequence of events that cause this problem?
- Do you find that it occurs more when working in a specific type of field, ie popup, date, etc?

Thanks in advance for the additional information!



nefserrano@gmail.com wrote:I also find that when making multiple edits at once, sometimes the earlier edits get lost. I haven't found a rhyme or reason but I know it happens when often going back and forth between edit screens without backing all the way out to the database list view. Fortunately one you back out entirely all edits are saved. So, I've made a habit of making a few edits, backing out and then re-entering the edit mode. A workaround for sure, but it works.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am

Re: Bugs?

Postby lagunacreek » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:31 am

I have experienced the same problem:
Edit day (update)
Edit a text field (version)
Return to list view and the edits disappear. However, this does not happen very often so it is not really a problem, but just thought I would mention it... and it only seems to happen with this kind of limited edit.
This behavior occurs in the PCInventory DB I have posted in the Gallery, but come to think of it, I believe date edits have disappeared in other databases, but not sure.
iPhone 3G, current versions of everything.
lagunacreek
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 5:27 pm
Location: Ben Lomond, CA

Re: Bugs?

Postby Brian_Houghton » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the information. Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the offending database? If so, please send it to support at ddhsoftware dot com Please include reference to this forum posting and to the steps to duplicate the issue.

Thanks in advance!

lagunacreek wrote:I have experienced the same problem:
Edit day (update)
Edit a text field (version)
Return to list view and the edits disappear. However, this does not happen very often so it is not really a problem, but just thought I would mention it... and it only seems to happen with this kind of limited edit.
This behavior occurs in the PCInventory DB I have posted in the Gallery, but come to think of it, I believe date edits have disappeared in other databases, but not sure.
iPhone 3G, current versions of everything.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 8:30 am


Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron