Checkbox functionality

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Checkbox functionality

Postby dunder » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:35 am

One of my main applications for HanDBase is for maintaining a grocery list on the iPhone.

I *love* the functionality of the checkbox field, as it takes effect immediately and doesn't require entering yet another of the iPhone ubiquitous "Edit" screens. Yay!

Question 1: Can I somehow use the checkbox field to change the value selected in another field, say a popup field? For example, when I select a "Buy" checkbox, it would automatically set a popup field called "Priority" to "Today". Likewise, when I de-select the "Buy" checkbox, it could set the "Priority" checkbox to another value, "done" for example.

Question 2: Can you please, please, puuullleeease.. make more fields "instantly changeable" on the iPhone like the checkbox field? To be able to change a popup field in the same screen (a la the checkbox field) without going into and "edit" mode would be fantastic! Actually, if you could do that, I wouldn't need the functionality of Question 1!

If done a search and not found similar topics, so please forgive me if these has been addressed before.
dunder

Re: Checkbox functionality

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am

I believe this is the first time this has come up here on this platform. In actuality on Palm we had a feature like you're suggesting, where you could (via a global preference) enable selection of dates/times and also popup fields directly from the list view. If there is enough demand from other users, I can certainly queue up a similar feature on the iPhone in the future. But honestly, yours is the first I've heard of such a request here, so I figured it was not as popular an option!
dhaupert

Re: Checkbox functionality

Postby kbhom » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 pm

Myself being a convert from the Palm platform, I miss being able to edit fields from the list view. Please register my vote to add this functionality to the iPod/iphone platform.

Thanks,
Brian H
kbhom

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch