Filters don't stick on my iPod Touch

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Filters don't stick on my iPod Touch

Postby billgcroton » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:53 pm

I am a former Smartlist user transitioning to HanDBase for iPod Touch.

I have found that when I create a View, all settings specific to that View work fine, except the Filter does not "stick." In other words, I apply the filter, save, and then exit out of the View. When I go back into the view, the Filter is no longer applied. Am I missing a step?
billgcroton

Re: Filters don't stick on my iPod Touch

Postby dhaupert » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. The settings should definitely save. There is one setting that is within the view settings which reads: When Filters and Sorting Change: and the two options are:
Do NOT update view and Update View Settings also.

If you have the latter setting set and perhaps are going into filters from the list view, that could explain the problem you're seeing- any changes you make there are overwritten into the view settings. You can switch that setting to leave the filters within the view untouched.

If that is not the problem, perhaps you can provide me a step by step of what you're doing and seeing and even a database that exhibits this problem, so I can try to duplicate the issue!

My email is listed below:
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch