iPhone and Invoice Reports

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

iPhone and Invoice Reports

Postby reidthaler » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:41 pm

I've been using Handbase since the Palm and have upgraded to and iPhone. I've created and linked some databases for client contacts, contact history, invoicing and shipping. They work and that seems to wbe OK.

Now, I'm looking to ways to create client invoices fromt the Invoice database. I haven't used the report form from the desktop app which I have, so that may work, but am looking for other solutions to generate invoices and what ideas others have.

I could output the database to excel and merge that in MS Word is one possibility and am other to exploring the report function.

Anyone have any other solutions, please let me know,

Thanks,

Reid
reidthaler

Re: iPhone and Invoice Reports

Postby dhaupert » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi Reid,

The reports generator on the desktop could suit the bill for you, but exporting to excel may be your best option since there are likely already many templates to do so. Hopefully others will chime in here!
dhaupert

Postby reidthaler » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Can you point me to any templates?

I'm only familiar with the database apps.

Thanks,

Reid
reidthaler

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:16 am

Hi Reid,

I can help with templates for the report generator. Just typed the following in another post in the Win Desktop category here:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/gallery.html ... ecord=4675

The link will take you to a sample PDB file and a sample report template. There is also a readme to show you where and how to set these files up so that the report will run.

We are planning on doing up a more elaborate example using our Time Billing sample database that is included with some HanDBase versions. It was modified slightly to support invoicing and should be a good example for setting up an invoice template.

Hope that helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch