4.5.0 Pop-up makes program crash

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

4.5.0 Pop-up makes program crash

Postby jpm16 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:20 pm

just loaded 4.5.0 onto my iPod Touch. looks great, but so what.

When I go into a db, create a new entry on existing db, go to created pop-up value, and attempt to enter that popup, the program closes. Does it on all databases (ex one, see below) all the time. Have powered down, (rebooted) the iPod and still get the problem.

Here's the one time where trying to choose a pop up doesn't make the program crash. I have a pop up in one database that looks for values in another database. For some reason, that works fine.

I have a 32GB ipod, purchased in July of 2009 and the latest software installed.
jpm16

Re: 4.5.0 Pop-up makes program crash

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 am

Hi there,

We have duplicated an issue reported from many users- fields that allow text that also have popups in them are effected and it seems to only occur from the Edit Record text screen, not the Edit Record screen. I will be fixing this today and hopefully sending a new build to Apple by mid-week after testing. But in the interim, you can select your popup values from the Edit Record screen drop downs and it appears to be working fine there. Hopefully that works as a temporary workaround for you!

Sorry for the inconvenience.
dhaupert

Re: 4.5.0 Pop-up makes program crash

Postby jkuruppu » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 am

just to say, thanks for explaining the workaround - i hadn't actually even noticed the pull-down menu arrows (or, at least, i hadn't thought about what they might do for me) until you mentioned them in this note - in fact, i was confused about the mention of the workaround in the sticky up at the top of the forum).

anyway - looking forward to the fix, but the new look is fabulous, IMO!!
jkuruppu

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch