Repeatable "bug"--program crashes on pop up selection

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Repeatable "bug"--program crashes on pop up selection

Postby Astroman33 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Really like the make over of HDB. Nice colorful facelift; modern looking. I'm getting used to the tabs-- I think I like them (much better than the standard drab iPhone interface).

I keep running into a problem, however! Every time I try to use a pop-up value on an existing database, the program crashes. That is, it exits and returns to the home screen.

Also, ran into another peculiar behavior where a fix would be helpful... in my case, I had 8 tabs showing (for my 8 categories of HDB databases). If you tap on the bottom one, at the bottom of the screen, nothing seems to happen! Well, it does the sparkly effect and actually does open up to show that folder's databases, but those remain hidden off the screen!

Now that I know how it behaves I suppose it's OK, but it threw me several times and initially made me think less of the interface overhaul and that there was something wrong with the app! I don't know how hard it would be to change, but when someone taps on a tab at the bottom of the screen to open up its databases, the screen should scroll up to display those dbs! If this isn't clear, please let me know and I can try explaining it differently!
Astroman33

Re: Repeatable "bug"--program crashes on pop up selection

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post- hope you don't mind me moving it to the iPhone category since it's not a 'general' topic. Just like to keep things organized!

The bug you mentioned has been brought up here many times already and is listed in both the known bugs topic along with it's workaround, as well as the 4.5.1 list of fixes coming soon. Check those topics out for more information!

In regards to your second item, I know exactly what you mean- David Devaney here reported the same thing to me right as we were about to release it. I told him it was likely possible to force a scroll but it would be a big change which I didn't want to make right before the release. That said, I will look into this as an enhancement for the next revision as you two are surely not the only ones to think that!

Thanks again for your post and feedback!
dhaupert

Re: Repeatable "bug"--program crashes on pop up selection

Postby Astroman33 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:37 am

No problem on moving it! When I scanned the list of forums, I saw Desktop Versions and Smartphones and missed the very obvious Platform specific heading. This is where it belongs.

I also should have done a better search to spot previous posts on the issue (turns out that it's not universal in my case!). Sorry for wasting bandwidth and your time.

Again, much appreciate the app and all you've done with HanDBase over the years (written as a long-time Palm user!).
Astroman33

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch