Photopicker Question

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Photopicker Question

Postby Kpowski » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Dave,
Is it possible to have a record in HanDBase that uses a photopicker field to call up an image in Photos on an iPod (actually leaving HandDBase) so you can pan an zoom the image?? I have a series of mind map images that are relatively detailed, that benefit from being able to zoom to sections of the images, but as others have mentioned appear too small for detailed viewing when these images are displayed from within a HanDbase record. Thanks.
Kpowski

Re: Photopicker Question

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks for asking! There is no provision to exit HanDBase and launch the Photo viewer with a given photo. In fact, even when we select a photo from the picker, we have to make a copy of the photo in our own 'sandbox' for viewing later. This is all part of the tight security on the iPhone.

That said, there is no reason I can't integrate a full screen image viewer that displays which allows pinching/zooming/etc. This is something I can consider for a future version if there is interest!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch