Check boxes gonE

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Check boxes gonE

Postby Tony's Quest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Hello again everybody. I am running into difficulty with my check boxes. They dissapear when I link them to another field.. I'm not too sure but I would like to know if there is a work around with this situation? :?:
Tony's Quest

Re: Check boxes gonE

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately I'm not sure what you mean by linking them to another field. Can you provide me some more details and/or perhaps an example of what you mean? Sorry in advance if I'm missing something obvious!
dhaupert

Postby Tony's Quest » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks for your listening. OK I will try to explain. I have two data bases. One called (Calls) and the other called (Activities). (ACTIVITIES) EXAMPLE: Prayer, Bible, CAlls.. I want to link the both together. But I would like to show those to whom I have called at a glance by linking the two together. (This helps me keep tract since I call many in my church) Unfortunetly when I tried to link them together using the link/linked field I only got their names and none of the date showing those to whom I had called during the week showed up...And yes of coarse the check boxes were also missing as stated beforehand.... Any assistance that you could give me would be appreciated... :) Lastly can I not get the info without going to the (EDIT) page on the next frame? Why not have a hot button to do the same?
Tony's Quest

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:41 am

Hi again,

Thanks for clarifying. It's hard without seeing your databases what exactly you're hoping to achieve. When using Link/Linked, you can bring over a single field to show in the child record, but it sounds like you'd like to see more? If so, then you can but you have to pick and choose these manually and add relationship fields to do so.

Each relationship field will join the two tables together by their link/linked fields, and then you can specify what field in the other database table to display in this record. And yes, these can be shown in the list view as well so you don't need to edit a record to see it.

I hope that explains it, but if not, perhaps you can email me privately and we can take a look at the databases you have set up and come up with something that works great for you!
dhaupert

Postby Tony's Quest » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 am

Hey Thanks for explaining that a bit better.. I will definitely try to do it that way. I also appreciate the additional support in the event that I can't get it.. Talk to ya later... ;)
Tony's Quest

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch