Home button and total sales

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Home button and total sales

Postby bpdenverco » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Hello 3 questions,
Is seems the home button has issues, about 60% of the time when you hit, you will leave the app and the other times it will goto the main folder files, like I hope it should...
2nd I have 2 database customer and service call, I want the invoice service call totals parts and labor to show up on the customer database.

3rd I guess unlike the old handbase program,i cannot make a auto customer number generator. or show record number
bpdenverco

Re: Home button and total sales

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 am

Hi there,

I believe you sent this to support and Brian already responded to these questions. But to echo what he wrote- the home button closing the app is NOT normal behavior. If you have a sequence of events that lead to this consistently, perhaps you can help us narrow down and debug this problem by providing the items he requested in his email?

Regarding an auto number, you can of course use the unique field, but that's only unique on a single device, not across multiple desktops or handhelds. There are a few posts on this forum about using the Link field to create a globally unique ID:
If you want a value that can be used by relationships and is unique, create a link field, and then create a conditional field that is the following
formula:
if field [choose link field] is equal to 0 then output is [link field]
else output is [link field]

This value will look kind of strange, but is a globally unique value and should be usable as a primary key.

Hope that helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch