'Hybrid' syncing problems

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

'Hybrid' syncing problems

Postby jwgeorgen » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 am

I am a die-hard Mac User, have converted HanDBase use from a Palm LifeDrive to an iPod Touch. Running a MacBook Pro with Windows XP via VMWare Fusion. Unfortunately, editing my HanDBase files on the Mac is way too hard and I do most of that sort of work on the Windows side. Unfortunately, I am having a difficult time getting the updated files back to my iPod. If I sync via the Windows side, I end up with a second user "iPod []" that is very difficult to access from the Mac side. How can I edit my pdb files with the Windows desktop and successfully sync with the Mac desktop?

Thanks!

Jan Georgen
jwgeorgen

Re: 'Hybrid' syncing problems

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:12 am

Hi Jan,

What I'd recommend is that you point to the Mac synced databases from your Windows (VMWare powered) version. In other words, sync as normal with the Mac version of HanDBase. Then use the Windows one, select File|Open and then press the browse button to browse to the location of the Mac synced files. Then any changes you make will be synced by the Mac version when you later sync.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch