Download .PDB

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Re: Download .PDB

Postby Dlevymd1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 am

When I use the exact same links in a 3rd party app iDownloader web browser on the iPhone, it downloads the .pdb file. Of course without a file explorer type function, I can't move the files where Handbase can use them. My point is I think the links are direct to the .pdb but these very long addresses are not recognized as .pdb file by Handbase at the start of the download (even though they are direct links to .pdb). Is there anyway to turn off the "recognition" step by Handbase and force the download??
Dlevymd1

Postby Dlevymd1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:17 pm

Dave, GREAT NEWS, for the most part, the Sugarsync workaroud works. Occasionally over 3G it drops out. I have an easy question. One of my databases opens with a search bar on top in the list view. Why is that and how do I get rid of it??
Dlevymd1

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:58 pm

That's wonderful news Dan! I'm glad the workaround is serving it's purpose.

The search box appears when you have a quick search field defined. You can control this by going to Database Properties, and then the 3rd option down to edit the field order and set the Quick Search field. Setting it to None will disable the quick search field box and you won't see it for that database. On the other hand, it's quite useful on the iPhone for filtering your records to find a patient or record. For example, I'd highly recommend it when looking up CPT or ICD9 codes.

Hope that helps!
dhaupert

Previous

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch