Known Issues?

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Known Issues?

Postby Mixer1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Can you point me to a known issues list for IPod Touch?

I don't know if what I am seeing/doing is a bug or I just don't understand something. Please verify or clarify:

If I go in and change field order for a database (not changing under view, but under General Database setting "Change Field order", and then delete ALL views, shouldn't the newly auto created default view match my field order?

I have a database with a field order of Date/User/Issue/Detail/Time/Time Done/Resolved. Now, I understanding it not showing up in that order in Database properties---.Fields, because that is always going to show by original field order. But let's say I go into Database properties--->Change Field Order and set the order there. Then I delete all views. Shouldn't HanDBase create it's new "Default view" based on the field order I have chosen?

It just doesn't seem to be working right. At first I think I had a certain field set to zero size or something like that. The missing fields show up in record detail. But they are missing in Default view, and I don't know why.
Last edited by Mixer1 on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mixer1

Re: Known Issues?

Postby Mixer1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Actually I think I confirmed problem.

First I set my field order like I wanted it on the Ipd, and deleted all views. default view is still missing a field that I think should be there.

Next I sync with Desktop. Other views that were present are now gone. This confirms the syncing. There is only one view available. And on the desktop, the field missing in the IPod default view - - - -It's present in the Handheld view. How do I fix this.

Thanks
Mixer1

Re: Known Issues?

Postby Mixer1 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Ok. I got it back but I don't know how.

Like I said, the field was present in the Windows Desktop Program under Default view, but it was not present in the handheld view.

At one point, I touched my finger to the field header in list view and dragged (sort of like you would if you had an Excel file with a column that appears to be missing but is just very very narrow. And then, poof, it showed up - - - honest. I can't if I had the ability to re size fields on the device from the list view - -I think I did. But I suspect that option is not available on the IPod Touch list view, I don't know.

At some point I also swapped the missing field with the field adjacent to it and maybe this had something to do with it appearing to pop back into place. But it happened AFTER I changed to that view. So maybe it was THIS that triggered it to come back but it just took seconds I changed to this view to show up. I don't know. But it's back
Mixer1

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch