Beta tester needed

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Beta tester needed

Postby dhaupert » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 am

Hi all,

I have an immediate need for one beta tester. This tester would help with both HanDBase for iPhone and HanDBase for iPad versions and thus would need to have both devices. Since we run a tight ship here (ie, a very small company), we can't have a large number of testers, so each tester needs to be of a high caliber. Specifically:

- Actually testing the app with specific test cases, databases, etc. In the past, many testers we've had just used the beta version as a normal version and use it on the occasions that they need to use HanDBase. Unfortunately this type of testing requires a very large number of testers to work well. Since we're limited by Apple as to the number of device IDs that we can support with a beta version, we need testers that can truly run the app through it's paces, testing specific things that we know were changed or possible.

- Have a good knowledge of the file system of their computer- can find their way to log files, be able to install files manually, etc.
- Ideally, having multiple devices.
- Being able to provide great step by step detail, screenshots, videos, etc when you do find a problem.
- Ideally have experience with other versions of HanDBase, or have beta tested for other popular applications in the past.

Hopefully when you read the above you'll see that being a beta tester is not simply getting early access to new features and versions of HanDBase. It actually requires a bit of your time, and there is no pay for this. At this point, I've probably scared most everyone away- except those who have the heart for beta testing that is ;)

Please email me ASAP if you're interested. And please don't take offense if I can't take you in as a tester at this time!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch