Data entered in one field shows up in multiple fields

Discussion of the version of HanDBase that runs on the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This includes the synchronization conduits as well.

Data entered in one field shows up in multiple fields

Postby rstockfleth » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:01 am

HanDBase 4.6.5 bug:
I enter a number, call it X, into an integer field. Now, without saving, I move to the next field which is a DB pop-up field. I select one of the choices. Now as I scroll down the record I notice that the number X is displayed in two other integer fields. Note that I have more than 3 integer fields in this record, but the number X shows up in just 3 fields, the one field where I actually entered that number, and 2 other integer fields where that same number mysteriously appears. Now, if I save the record, the number X only shows up in the field for which I entered that number, while the number X that was incorrectly displayed in those other 2 integer fields disappears, leaving the default value of zero for those 2 fields.

So the problem appears not to be a data integrity issue, but rather a temporary incorrect display issue. It was only after entering about 20 records in the field that I noticed this issue. I had initially thought that my data in those 2 fields had been compromised, but after careful review I noted that the data was OK.

I can send the pdb file to you if you need it to duplicate what I am seeing on my end. Let me know if you require it.

Ron Stockfleth
rstockfleth

Return to HanDBase for iPhone and iPod touch