Cancel Report Freeze

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Cancel Report Freeze

Postby andge_2 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi there,
When I press the button on my form to print a report, the list of reports corresponding to that database pops up.
If I hit print, it prints. But If I hit cancel, my database freezes and I can't go into any other records.
Why is that?

Thanks,
Andrew
(Pocket PC)
andge_2

Re: Cancel Report Freeze

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:02 pm

andge_2 wrote:Hi there,
When I press the button on my form to print a report, the list of reports corresponding to that database pops up.
If I hit print, it prints. But If I hit cancel, my database freezes and I can't go into any other records.
Why is that?

Thanks,
Andrew
(Pocket PC)

Hi Andrew,

I moved your topic to the proper section since it does not apply to other users. We tried this here and it did not freeze up for us. Can I ask a few questions:

1. What version of HanDBase do you have installed? Is it the latest Development version or release version?
2. What device are you using?
3. Are you calling this from a form or the Edit Record screen, or the List view?

Thanks in advance.
dhaupert

Postby andge_2 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:29 pm

Yes I am using the latest version and I am running it from my pocket pc (iPAQ 110).
I am calling this from a form using a button with the "print record" action.
Once I hit cancel, the rest of the form is okay, but when I exit the form and try to get back into the record or go into another record, I cannot.
And when I click the menu pop-up on the bottom of the screen, it functions like one from a form, not a list view (i.e. edit, cancel, next record, previous record, no 'exit' option).
andge_2

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:51 pm

andge_2 wrote:Yes I am using the latest version and I am running it from my pocket pc (iPAQ 110).
I am calling this from a form using a button with the "print record" action.
Once I hit cancel, the rest of the form is okay, but when I exit the form and try to get back into the record or go into another record, I cannot.
And when I click the menu pop-up on the bottom of the screen, it functions like one from a form, not a list view (i.e. edit, cancel, next record, previous record, no 'exit' option).

When you say the latest version can you confirm whether it's the Release version or the Development version. We recently released a Development version and I'm curious if you are using that.

We still can't reproduce the problem when initiating printing from a form here. Tapping cancel takes me back to the record with no issues. More than likely it has something to do with the way your form is configured, rather than the process of canceling the printing. If you could send your database file and the form file to us we can do some further testing. If your database contains confidential data then please open it in the HanDBase Desktop, go to the File menu and choose Save As and then choose a different location to save it to and then send that copy of the database. When you save that though it will prompt you asking if you want to install the database. Make sure to click the Do Not Install button at that point.

Please send it to ddevaney@ddhsoftware.com
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:22 pm

DavidDevaneyJr wrote: If your database contains confidential data then please open it in the HanDBase Desktop, go to the File menu and choose Save As and then choose a different location to save it to and then send that copy of the database. When you save that though it will prompt you asking if you want to install the database. Make sure to click the Do Not Install button at that point.

Regarding this part of my previous Post. After you click Save As and you save the database you'll then want to delete all your records from that new database. To do that go to the Actions menu and choose Delete Records and then choose All Records. Then close and save the database and send that empty copy.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional