Syncing between computer my HTC Touch Pro

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Syncing between computer my HTC Touch Pro

Postby bertmark » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:29 pm

I am not getting my recent data in my HTC Touch Pro to my computer and vise versa. What am I doing wrong. I thought that then most current data would be updated in the computer or the HTC Touch Pro...this is not happening.
bertmark

Re: Syncing between computer my HTC Touch Pro

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:19 pm

bertmark wrote:I am not getting my recent data in my HTC Touch Pro to my computer and vise versa. What am I doing wrong. I thought that then most current data would be updated in the computer or the HTC Touch Pro...this is not happening.

Thanks for your posting. That is definitely how things should work. Please take a look at the sync log to see what could be happening- if there is ever a problem with syncing, you should see it mentioned there. Feel free to copy and paste relevant sections from the log into a reply here, or email support@ddhsoftware.com with it if you'd prefer.
dhaupert

Postby Daniel Ellis » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:01 am

Hi, I'm having a similar problem so I thought I would post under this topic. Feel free to move it if you want.

I finally downloaded the development version. I was getting too tired of the dropdown menu problem. Plus I want to be able to turn User Account Control back on. I'm using the HTC Touch Pro. Well, unfortunately neither problem was fixed for me. I'll deal with the sync problem under this topic. When I try to sync, I get the message below. When I first saw it, I checked to see if that folder existed, and it didn't. So I created the WindowsMobile/HTC30 folder, and tried to sync again, but I got the same message. I tried to manual copy the databases into the folder, to "seed" it, and tried to sync again, but get the same message. I still haven't turned User Account Control on yet either. Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
Dan

2009-09-14 09-45-48: HanDBase error syncing 'Employees':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Employees.pdb
2009-09-14 09-45-50: HanDBase error syncing 'Mileage':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Mileage.pdb
Form database copied to desktop: Mileage_HDF.pdb
2009-09-14 09-45-54: HanDBase error syncing 'Payroll':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Payroll.pdb
Form database copied to desktop: Payroll_HDF.PDB
2009-09-14 09-45-55: HanDBase error syncing 'Projects':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Projects.pdb
Form database copied to desktop: Total Finance_HDF.pdb
2009-09-14 09-46-08: HanDBase error syncing 'Total_Finance':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Total_Finance.pdb
2009-09-14 09-46-09: HanDBase error syncing 'Work Tasks':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Work Tasks.pdb
2009-09-14 09-46-09: HanDBase error syncing 'Workers Comp Codes':
- Could not save Database to desktop destination: C:\Users\Daniel Ellis\Documents\HanDBase\WindowsMobile\HTC30\Workers Comp Codes.pdb
2009-09-14 09-46-09: 0 HanDBase databases synchronized (4.02)

Daniel Ellis
HB Pro 4.1 on WM 6.1 on Alltel(now Verizon) HTC Touch Pro
HB Desktop 4.1 on Vista w/ UAC off, syncing with WMDC
Daniel Ellis

Postby dhaupert » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm not sure if the original poster was experiencing the Vista issue. We think we finally nailed the Vista standard user issues and David Devaney is working on a new Development version release as we speak. Hopefully it will be live today or tomorrow latest. And that should fix your issues Daniel. Not sure about the original poster though!
dhaupert

Postby Daniel Ellis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 am

That sounds great! It's always nice to know it's not just me.

Daniel Ellis
HB Pro 4.1 on WM 6.1 on Alltel(now Verizon) HTC Touch Pro
HB Desktop 4.1 on Vista w/ UAC off, syncing with WMDC
Daniel Ellis

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Daniel Ellis wrote:That sounds great! It's always nice to know it's not just me.

I posted the new Development Release yesterday which, from all my research and testing, should correct any issues with syncing while UAC is enabled, or if you are a Standard User. Some details about the changes are in the post about the new Development Release.

If you have a chance please test this and let us know if you continue to have problems, of any sort, under Vista with UAC enabled.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional