Testing first time Handbase...Looking for plugins

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Testing first time Handbase...Looking for plugins

Postby daviderojas » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:45 am

Hi, first time here. Last week I own a LG MS25 with Windows Mobile 6 pro. I always used Palm and Smartlist togo for my database, but now I need to change to Handbase because there is not smltg for w.mobile.

I'm new on windows mobile and handbase, I need 2 plugins:

1) A phone dialer, for dial directly from a numeric field on handbase (for windows mobile)

2) A datebook entry, when I set a appoinment o task on my database I need to be alerted with sound and the appointment my be added onmy calendar or task.

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance

David Rojas
daviderojas

Re: Testing first time Handbase...Looking for plugins

Postby dhaupert » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi,

I moved this to the relevant section of the forums since it's Windows Mobile specific. Hope you don't mind!

Thanks for your posting. I'm not aware of any available plugins to accomplish either at this point in time. A while back I mentioned that Brian (who works in support here at DDH Software) was working on a plugin to dial phone numbers and do all sorts of really neat things by using a scripting application. But I haven't heard anything in some time- just sent him an email to find out where things were.

In response to the alarms capability- HanDBase has a built in per record alarms feature so you may wish to consider that instead of having to export to the calendar application.

I'll let you know what I find re: the plugin
dhaupert

Postby daviderojas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi all, anybody knows if these plugins has been created?, I mean a Phone Dialer and a export to Calendary/Datebook/task entry en windows mobile?, thanks a lot

David

dhaupert wrote:Hi,

I moved this to the relevant section of the forums since it's Windows Mobile specific. Hope you don't mind!

Thanks for your posting. I'm not aware of any available plugins to accomplish either at this point in time. A while back I mentioned that Brian (who works in support here at DDH Software) was working on a plugin to dial phone numbers and do all sorts of really neat things by using a scripting application. But I haven't heard anything in some time- just sent him an email to find out where things were.

In response to the alarms capability- HanDBase has a built in per record alarms feature so you may wish to consider that instead of having to export to the calendar application.

I'll let you know what I find re: the plugin
daviderojas

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi there,

Brian has still not released his plugin- he's doing this as a side project, not during his DDH time spent doing tech support, so it unfortunately only comes as he has free time.

Watch this space as we'll surely be updating here when it's ready!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional