HTC HD2

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

HTC HD2

Postby Dlevymd1 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:17 am

I'm wondering how Handbase would run on an HTC HD2 which is a Windows Phone but has a capacitive screen and no D-pad. In list view, would the pad of your finger be accurate enough to open the record you want? Keep in mind, you can't use your finger nail, or a stylus. The iPhone handbase vesion has more vertical space per record in list view, and therefore work well with its capacitive screen.
Dan
Dlevymd1

Re: HTC HD2

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:43 pm

I'd be curious to hear about it as well. We've tried via a simulator which of course is not a touch screen, but the program functions under WM 6.5 and the scrolling finger responsive in the list view. Just not sure about how precise the digitizer is.
dhaupert

Postby Dlevymd1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Maybe you should increase the size of the list view to make it more finger friendly. This would work better for all the new Windows Phone devices. For example, in my medical group, one of us has a Samsung Omni which is a capacitive screen but the device does not come with a stylus. You have to use your fingernail in list view (or the D-pad). Another one of us has an HTC Touch Pro 2 which has no D-pad, in list view, you have to use either your fingernail of the stylus. The industry is moving towards finger friendly Apps. I think for Handbase for Windows Phones, that would mean an iPhone sized list view.
Regards,
Dan
Dlevymd1

Postby Dlevymd1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm curious, is there a registry hack to increase the size of the List View, for those of us geeks who have registry editors?
Dlevymd1

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional