Bigger boxes in record view

Discussion of HanDBase running on Windows Mobile Classic and Professional (formerly Pocket PC) devices and smartphones and syncing with a desktop computer.

Bigger boxes in record view

Postby clarer1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 am

I have a new HTC Touch Pro 2, Windows Mobile 6.5. How do I change how deep the boxes are for each field, in record view?

In record view, all my fields are two lines deep with scroll bars. But most of the fields in my database need only be one line deep and there's one with more text that I would like to see without scrolling.

I changed this to a note,instead of text and it's now a few more lines deep. But I'd like it to be bigger. And if I can make the other fields only one line deep, there'll be plenty of room for this.

I'm new to HanDBase and can't find anything about how to do this.

Thanks in advance.
clarer1

Re: Bigger boxes in record view

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:35 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your posting. The text box needs to be at least 2 lines in order to show a scroll box, so that's why we made each line that size. That said, we offer much more flexibility in designing a form for your databases if you use the HanDBase Forms designer. There you can create a form to have the exact format you'd like for your record view. We've seen some really varying designs, such as wizard style views that space out each database fields into smaller sets with prev and next navigation buttons, to a screen crammed with as much information as possible so that there is no scrolling needed!

If you're using HanDBase Professsional or Enterprise the forms designer is already included. If you're using HandBase Plus you'd have to upgrade to get that functionality or at least download a 30 day trial of HanDBase forms. The upgrade options are available when you log in as a registered user:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/download.html

Look at the upgrade wizard along the right. Thanks!
dhaupert

Postby clarer1 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Oh, so that's what forms are for! I thought they were just for data entry. I didn't realise you can use them to read the records as well. So it's possible for me to set up a form so that if I click on a record in list view, it will open my form so I can read the data easily?

Thanks.
clarer1

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Indeed, you can!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional