Records changing on own

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Records changing on own

Postby hhill@toar.net » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi all,

In the years of using HanDbase IOS, I've never seen this and can't find anything on this forum. I have a medical app that I designed. When I open it, some of my records are missing and some have been replaced with certain fields having gibrish in them (ie. in the blood pressure: Systolic: 67108865, Diastolic: 65536, Pulse: 65536). As you can see, I probably wont be here when I get a response. Maybe I should get to the ER fast. Also, I have a Medicine part and its lost all entries.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks for the help,

Herschal
hhill@toar.net

Re: Records changing on own

Postby Treanot » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:49 pm

Hi.
Not that I'm an expert.
What type of fields were effected? Conditionals, Calcs, integers? Maybe a change in your field structure?

But honestly

Sounds like corruption.
There are backup files of handbase automatically saved in the device name sub folder. As long as you haven't sync too many times you might have a working copy. I'm on a PC if you need help I can write more details. Good luck.
Treanot

Postby hhill@toar.net » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi Treanot,

Thanks for the fast reply. The Main fields affected are Text & Integer. I was afraid it was corrupted. I didn't realize files were automatically saved. I'll into that right away.

Thanks again,

Herschal
hhill@toar.net

Postby bluesdaddy2 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:08 am

Treanot wrote:Hi.
Not that I'm an expert.
What type of fields were effected? Conditionals, Calcs, integers? Maybe a change in your field structure?

But honestly

Sounds like corruption.
There are backup files of handbase automatically saved in the device name sub folder. As long as you haven't sync too many times you might have a working copy. I'm on a PC if you need help I can write more details. Good luck.

Could you explain a little more about the "backup" files. Where are they? How do you access them?

Thanks
bluesdaddy2

Postby Treanot » Mon May 15, 2017 6:49 am

Sure. I can give general comment. Might be different on someone else computer. On the PC my handbase directory is in the documents. Handbase so is /documents/handbase. I use several different devices - each device has its own subdirectories, example iPhone1, ipad2 etc etc. it's basically what every you device is named. Within the name directory is a directly called backup. If you read article 273 of the knowledge base home referring to forms and files for palm os on windows. It will explain the file naming under additional backup copies of databases - but it the file name, the date and time
The backup was created. The form if you have one , is the file name with "_hdf" connected.
rename. Then either file share within iTunes,or copy it directly in correct root directory.
Treanot

Return to HanDBase General Discussion