HanDBase News Update!

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

HanDBase News Update!

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I decided to post this to a new topic since the other similar thread has gotten pretty large!

I wanted to share some news updates related to HanDBase and DDH in general:

1. So far our testers have found the current HanDBase for iPhone and iPad versions to both run fine on iOS11. The HanDBase for Education (iPad) app does need an update as I had yet to submit a 64 bit version of it. That will be done this month so people can continue using it on the newer platforms (since 32 bit apps won't run on iOS11).

2. I am hoping to submit a new build to Google Play store for HanDBase for Android in the next few days. This version has been in beta for a while now and it addresses some of the font issues we've seen in certain high res devices (eg Samsung Galaxy Note and 7/8).

3. I am also just about finished with a larger update to HanDBase for iPhone and HanDBase for iPad (and edu). This one has some oft requested features and improvements in it including touchID support!

4. Last but not least... as of today I am working full time for DDH Software again! I can't say how long it will last but I really wanted to give it a try and see if I could generate enough income to make this my only job as it was for almost 17 years. I am somewhat doubtful that HanDBase sales alone could be enough so I will likely be working on custom contract programming and other apps and games to supplement this income. And it may be that I realize quickly that I can't afford to not work somewhere more stable again, but it's something I have felt called back to for a long time and I really hope I can make it work! If you or anyone you know needs some custom apps or games designed for any mobile platform, or any other mobile or desktop programming work, please don't hesitate to reach out to me- I would really appreciate it :)

Stay tuned for hopefully more exciting news in the weeks to come. And thanks as always for being a HanDBase customer!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Re: HanDBase News Update!

Postby curtterp » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:44 am

Good Luck Dave

Hopefully, you are able to generate enough income from HanDBase and freelancing to be able to stay out of the rat race for a long time :D

Have a good day
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 am

curtterp wrote:Good Luck Dave

Hopefully, you are able to generate enough income from HanDBase and freelancing to be able to stay out of the rat race for a long time :D

Thanks Curt! I hope so too ;)
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby Max » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:38 am

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:3. I am also just about finished with a larger update to HanDBase for iPhone and HanDBase for iPad (and edu). This one has some oft requested features and improvements in it including touchID support!

Great news about the touchID! I've been hoping for that one. The online banking app that my credit union uses has that and also "retina recognition" (whatever it really does).

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:4. Last but not least... as of today I am working full time for DDH Software again!

Wow! Good for you! (And for us users, as well.) I hope that goes well for you.

=Don Maxwell (HanDBase daily user since the early Palm Pilot days)
Max

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:22 am

Max wrote:Great news about the touchID! I've been hoping for that one. The online banking app that my credit union uses has that and also "retina recognition" (whatever it really does).

The rumors are that the iPhone 8 will have some sort of facial recognition. Hopefully it will be easy to integrate that as an option as well!

Thanks so much Don- I hope so too ;)
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby edwin2011 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:55 am

Thanks for your time effort. Will this also helps in the Android section?
*** edwin ***
Samsung S4 / Palm Treo
edwin2011

Postby curtterp » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:44 am

ddhsoftwareadmin wrote:
Max wrote:Great news about the touchID! I've been hoping for that one. The online banking app that my credit union uses has that and also "retina recognition" (whatever it really does).

The rumors are that the iPhone 8 will have some sort of facial recognition. Hopefully it will be easy to integrate that as an option as well!

Thanks so much Don- I hope so too ;)

From what I saw on the Apple Event, the Face ID that the iPhone X will be using the same security enclave as the Touch ID did. So in theory, the same code will work for the Touch ID on everything below the X and the Face ID on the X
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase General Discussion