Forms activity

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Forms activity

Postby mjwilliamsmj » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 am

I have several forms that show different fields of a database.
If I goto the NEXT record from any form but the first one, the record changes correctly, but the active form becomes the first form ??
Same is true of PREV record, or FIRST, or LAST.

Does this make sense/

Mike
mjwilliamsmj

Re: Forms activity

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi,

This does make sense, and is as designed. The start form when editing a record can be specified, but no matter where you are in the form hierarchy, jumping to the next record means internally saving the record, resorting as needed, and then jumping to the start form of the next record.

That said, it would make sense to allow this behavior, perhaps as a second action on the form. So you can do:
Jump to Next Record
Jump to Form x

so that you can make the jump to another record and specify what form it will start at. I don't think that's yet possible (may be wrong as I have not tried it), but it would be a very useful feature to add!
dhaupert

Re: Forms activity

Postby mjwilliamsmj » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:06 am

Hi,

A straightforward reason for this function would be, to provide a view of a section of a database via a form, that you could move record by record.
True, this can be done for a small database with one form, but is not possible to view different sections of a large database with multiple forms.
mjwilliamsmj

Return to HanDBase General Discussion