Jumping to forms

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Jumping to forms

Postby andge_2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 am

Hmm...I'm having problems with the forms designer not saving.
I am trying to program a button to focus on a control and then jump to another form.
But when I select what form I want to use, it does not save!
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
andge_2

Re: Jumping to forms

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:06 am

andge_2 wrote:Hmm...I'm having problems with the forms designer not saving.
I am trying to program a button to focus on a control and then jump to another form.
But when I select what form I want to use, it does not save!
Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

There is an issue on the Windows Mobile (Pocket PC) forms designer where this happens if the field assigned to the button is a link/linked/relationship. I actually just fixed that one last night for the upcoming maintenance release! Is that where you are seeing this? If so, my apologies, and a fix should be out by next week.

Let me know if it's somewhere else!
dhaupert

Postby andge_2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:20 am

Hey David,
The field is not link\linked or relationship. I am not sure what the problem is.
If I do not set a focus to the control and just use "jump to form" as my first action, it saves.
But I need to set the focus first and then do the jump.
andge_2

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 am

andge_2 wrote:Hey David,
The field is not link\linked or relationship. I am not sure what the problem is.
If I do not set a focus to the control and just use "jump to form" as my first action, it saves.
But I need to set the focus first and then do the jump.

You didn't say where you are editing the form? That would be very critical information to have on this end!

Why do you need to set focus?
dhaupert

Postby andge_2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:03 am

It is also a problem not just on the Windows Mobile Pocket PC Forms Designer, but on the Desktop forms designer as well.
After I set focus to a text field and then try to jump to a form, it does not work.

I need to set focus because the numbers in the text fields do not calculate correctly unless you set focus back to them before jumping (to the form where the calculations are done). If I just jump to the form right away (without setting focus), the calculations are incorrect/incomplete on the next form.
andge_2

Postby andge_2 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm also trying it with a tab instead of a button and getting the same result.
The Action 2 of both the button and the tab does not allow jumping to another form. The options are there, but the option goes blank once you exit.

If there is a beta fix I would like to test it with my system here as soon as possible because this is a very important function in my program right now.

Thanks,
Andrew
andge_2

Postby dhaupert » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:29 am

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your patience with this. I just fixed the bug right now on the Windows Mobile device, and plan to apply the change to the desktop now. We're hoping to release a development version tomorrow if all goes according to plans (Having a young daughter with the swine flu right now means that there is a good chance that will need to be pushed back, but as of now she's doing OK). A development version is like a public beta version for registered users- it's something we're not 100% confident releasing, but are unable to further test with our beta team. It will be available on the registered users' section of our web site if you're a registered user of this product.

I'll try to post a new topic to let everyone know about it's availability as well.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion