Auto encryption feature is not functioning

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Auto encryption feature is not functioning

Postby benj » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:42 pm

I select "When decrypting data, remember password and use to auto encrypt on close"

I have saved this database 20 times. I open it, select the above, put in a password to encrypt it when it closes. I then open it again put in the password to decrypt it then the dialog box "When decrypting data, remember password and use to auto encrypt on close" is unchecked again.

I have saved this bloody database every way imaginable and it won't auto-encryt on close. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong or what sequence I need to do?
Last edited by benj on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
benj

Re: Auto encryption feature is not functioning

Postby dhaupert » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Benj,

I might be able to help you more if I knew what platform you're speaking of! The reason we have specific sections for each platform, is that an issue or bug affecting one set of users generally doesn't apply to others. Can you tell me what platform (device, desktop, etc) you are using and then I'll move this to the right platform and hopefully be able to provide you some assistance?
dhaupert

Postby benj » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:35 am

Sorry for not including that info....I'm using HandBase 4 on Windows XP.
benj

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 am

benj wrote:Sorry for not including that info....I'm using HandBase 4 on Windows XP.

Thanks, is this problem happening on the desktop, or your handheld? You submitted another topic which sounds like a desktop issue, so I'm guessing perhaps these issues are all related to your Windows Desktop? I'd still need to know the package you are using- for example, HandBase Professional for Windows Mobile Classic/Pro, so I can check the files out. I do recall a problem with another user whereby the settings changes were not being written because of a permissions issue on their computer. I'll try to research that while I wait for your information..
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion