Access Data Exchange and Encryption

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Access Data Exchange and Encryption

Postby pmohr » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Hello,

I have a HanDBase setup enabling encryption on all fields and have set the HanDBase to encrypt on close. When I setup the HanDBase in the SyncExchange software it synchronizes correctly with the "backend" HanDBase on our network. However, when I add configuation settings for DataExchange to synchronize with Access (adding the general password and the decryption password) I receive the general attached error. Also, if I try to map individual columns I receive the same error message. I have tried setting this up multiple times (to insure my passwords are correct), but still experience the same issue.

Is anyone else using a setup similar? (HanDBase syncing to an Access database while encrypted) If so, did you need to do any special setup?

Thank you for your time,

Paul Mohr
Business Analyst
City of Surprise, AZ
Attachments
HanDBase Error.jpg
HanDBase Error Screenshot
HanDBase Error.jpg (26.96 KiB) Viewed 566 times
pmohr

Re: Access Data Exchange and Encryption

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 pm

Hi,

Sorry about the error message. We are going to check into this here tomorrow. Can you tell me what version of Access you are syncing with? And whether you're sure the password decrypts the databases 100%? No matter because it should not give that error message, but it may provide a clue.

Does this happen with all databases, or just certain ones?
dhaupert

Re: Access Data Exchange and Encryption

Postby pmohr » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Hello again,

I'm synchronizing to Access 2007. The operating system on my handheld is Windows Mobile 5 and I'm using HanDBase Professional. My desktop operating system is Windows XP Professional and my ActiveSync is version 4.5.0. When I decrypt the database using my password on the handheld and through the desktop I am able to view data in all fields. The error occurs for any HanDBase I try to setup this way.

Paul Mohr
Business Analyst
City of Surprise, AZ
pmohr

Return to HanDBase General Discussion