Accessing DDH website using email Link

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Accessing DDH website using email Link

Postby bobbyshafto » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:50 pm

When I have accessed the DDH website using a link on an email from DDH I have run into a problem. As soon as the DDH webpage opens I get a continusouly repeating notice that begins "Al robo form asseration failed.." I can't read any more of the message because it is immediately replaced with a copy, and another, and another etc. The only way to get out of this mess is to use ctl-atl-del, or shut down my computer. Anyone else had this problem, and more important any ideas how to fix it?
bobbyshafto

Re: Accessing DDH website using email Link

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 am

Hi,

Wow, this is a very strange one. Can you tell me if this happens with all links you click, or just a specific one? If it's from the most recent email, let me know about that as well. I believe the newsletter uses a roundabout linking so that it can track how many people click on a link in an email (so we can gauge interest in various topics in the newsletter).

Apologies in advance if it's a bug in something we did!
dhaupert

Re: Accessing DDH website using email Link

Postby DavidDevaneyJr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:10 pm

bobbyshafto wrote:When I have accessed the DDH website using a link on an email from DDH I have run into a problem. As soon as the DDH webpage opens I get a continusouly repeating notice that begins "Al robo form asseration failed.." I can't read any more of the message because it is immediately replaced with a copy, and another, and another etc. The only way to get out of this mess is to use ctl-atl-del, or shut down my computer. Anyone else had this problem, and more important any ideas how to fix it?

I did a quick search on Google and came up with this being an issue with a Web Browser Plugin. Most references mention Internet Explorer 8 but some are not specific. It appears to have something to do with a program called RoboForm which automatically fills in forms on website. However this plugin appears to also be a part of the PayPal Autofill Plugin as well as possibly Discover and Citibank.

If you have any of those plugins or any plugins that autofill in forms using Internet Explorer you will likely need to remove that plugin, or disable it, or contact the company who provided it and see if there is a fix or any update.
Regards,
David Devaney, Jr.
DavidDevaneyJr

Return to HanDBase General Discussion