How to best install HanDBase Enterprise ??

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

How to best install HanDBase Enterprise ??

Postby Shepherd Jim » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:57 pm

Okay! I've downloaded HDB Enterprise "handbase4entpalmdemo.exe " for a 30 day trial.

I already have HDB Ver 4 running on both my Windows XP PC (HDB Desktop 4.1 Build RC) and Palm Centro (HDB 4.1.0). Is there a way I can install Enterprise on the PC and phone without disturbing the Pro program and database files>

If I have to "overwrite" Pro with Enterprise, will Enterprise be able to use the Pro data files?

Jim
i wish i knew then what i know now
Shepherd Jim

Re: How to best install HanDBase Enterprise ??

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Shepherd Jim wrote:Okay! I've downloaded HDB Enterprise "handbase4entpalmdemo.exe " for a 30 day trial.

I already have HDB Ver 4 running on both my Windows XP PC (HDB Desktop 4.1 Build RC) and Palm Centro (HDB 4.1.0). Is there a way I can install Enterprise on the PC and phone without disturbing the Pro program and database files>

If I have to "overwrite" Pro with Enterprise, will Enterprise be able to use the Pro data files?

Jim

That's a good question- the application installs to the same place as what you currently have. So while testing Enterprise, it will sync via ODBC and not the Access options. But the settings files should not be touched and so all your existing databases and sync settings should remain intact. At the end of the evaluation, if you don't wish to upgrade to Enterprise, you can reinstall your registered copy of Pro and go back to things the way they were before. If you do decide to upgrade, just do so and install the registered version of Enterprise.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase General Discussion