Edit Pop-Up

For HanDBase related topics that are not specific to one platform.

Edit Pop-Up

Postby ltfdfitz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:33 pm

I have created a pop-up list for my database for one of the fields. I would like to use that list for another of my fields, but I cannot figure if there is a way to do that. I also attempted to create the same kist, from scratch, for that second field, and got an error.
Access violation at address 004276A9 in module 'handbasedesktop.exe'. Read of address 024ED1E0.

I used HanDBase years ago, switched to Smartlist, and now am back. I am trying to create a 2009 NFL schedule and so two of the fileds will have the same names listed.

Thank you in advance.
ltfdfitz

Re: Edit Pop-Up

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:36 am

ltfdfitz wrote:I have created a pop-up list for my database for one of the fields. I would like to use that list for another of my fields, but I cannot figure if there is a way to do that. I also attempted to create the same kist, from scratch, for that second field, and got an error.
Access violation at address 004276A9 in module 'handbasedesktop.exe'. Read of address 024ED1E0.

I used HanDBase years ago, switched to Smartlist, and now am back. I am trying to create a 2009 NFL schedule and so two of the fileds will have the same names listed.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting. We have two types of fields for popup lists:

- The standard popup or text fields each has their own popup list, stored separately, limited to 60 items max.

- The DB Popup field- This field is likely the one you'd want as it lets you choose a different database to store your popup items. Thus, you can point to it as many times as you need from many databases. You also have far more than 60 items in the list (65000 to be exact) and you can even group several popup fields together to bring over several popup values at once. There are tutorials for using the DB Popup field in our support section- I'd suggest checking them out!

Regarding the error/crash issue that you had- can you duplicate this problem, or was it a one time occurrence? If you can duplicate it, I'd very much appreciate steps and any information that may help us duplicate it so that we can fix the problem ASAP!
dhaupert

Re: Edit Pop-Up

Postby ltfdfitz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:41 am

Thanks. While I was waiting I discovered DB Popup and now use it and it solved my problem.

As for the error message, I will send a step-by-step listing of how I arrived at that screen. I also did a Print Screen to show the error. I will attach that to the listing. It was more than a one time occurence.

Again, thanks for the reply. I have been away from HanDBase too long and am refamilarizing myself with it.
ltfdfitz

Return to HanDBase General Discussion